Yield – 2 main dish servings, 4 to 6 side dish servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes to mix together
Cooking Time – 15 minutes for quinoa, 2 hours to chill
- 2 cups white quinoa ($1.50)
- 6 large strawberries, hulled and chopped ($1.50)
- 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach, chopped ($.50)
- About 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped or slivered almonds ($1)
- Dressing drizzles – balsamic, poppyseed, or other sweet vinaigrette ($.25)
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Cool for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, mix together the chilled quinoa, strawberries, chopped spinach and almonds. Drizzle the dressing over the top.
- Serve chilled as main dish, or side dish. Perfect for lunch too!