2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large carrots, thinly sliced
12 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup chopped green onions (4)
1/4 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
1/2 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
1 clove garlic, minced
Fresh snipped parsley and/or cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a 10-inch oven-safe nonstick skillet cook potatoes in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add carrots; cook for 5 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are tender and lightly browned, turning occasionally
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, half the green onions, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, about 18 minutes or until frittata appears dry on top. Remove frittata from oven. Let stand on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for topper, in a small bowl gently toss together remaining green onions, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and parsley. Set aside.
- With a spatula, loosen edges of frittata from skillet. Place a largeserving platter over skillet. Using two hands, invert platter and skillet to release frittata onto platter. Cut frittata in wedges. Serve with green onion topper.
Nutrition Facts (Potato Frittata)
- Per serving:
- 258 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 372 mg chol.,
- 267 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet